Effective Date: September 01, 2019
We will never give, sell, rent, lease or otherwise transfer your name (or information about you) to any person or entity other than the insurance company you are applying to (which may include outside paramedical firms, investigative agencies which are used in the normal course of insurance underwriting) and those third party individuals and firms, including insurance agents and brokers, that we may contract with to perform quote delivery, quote follow-up, insurance fulfillment or underwriting services for us including any successor organization or entity.
When you provide us with personal information such as your name, address, e-mail and/or phone numbers, we will consider that action as being your express invitation that we, including any subscribing, affiliated customer of Life Quotes referral service, contact you about insurance via e-mail, telephone and fax, using the information you have supplied, even if you are registered on any state or federal "Do Not Call" list. All calls are recorded at all times, so if we call you, the call will be recorded for the safety of both parties. When you provide us with personal information, it is agreed and understood that you are also granting us your express permission to contact you using standard and public e-mail and text transmission facilities, which are not secure or private.
When you buy insurance from us, you will remain in control of your purchase decisions at all times and we are dedicated to making the insurance purchase process as private, fast, easy and secure as possible.
Required by the federal Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and state privacy law
(State law will apply if it provides more protection to you than federal law.)
How does Life Quotes protect your privacy?
- We restrict access to NPI to our employees who need it for their jobs.
- We require anyone outside our corporate family (non affiliates) who perform services for us to conform to our privacy standards. We also require them not to use your NPI for any other purpose.
- We verify that any person asking for your NPI is entitled to it before we give it.
- We collect your health information only with your written authorization.
- We disclose your NPI only as permitted or required by law.
- We do not disclose your NPI to others for their own marketing purposes.
- We do not reveal your health, character, personal habits or reputation to anyone for marketing purposes.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your NPI.
- According to state insurance regulations, we are required to maintain information about you for 7 years, no exceptions.
What information do we collect?
We need some NPI to determine if you are eligible for our products. Once a contract is issued, we typically only seek NPI when someone asks for more coverage or submits a claim. Some examples of what we may collect:
- Data you provide on applications (name, address, date of birth, Social Security number, income, beneficiary).
- Medical information from health care providers obtained with your authorization.
- Information about your policies with us or our affiliates (policy number, coverage, premium, payment history).
- Credit reports, driving records, medical records based upon your written authorization.
Life Quotes may collect your email address via cookies and pixels through the use of trusted third party partners. These partners may combine your email information with other information they have access to such as mailing addresses so that Life Quotes may serve relevant marketing offers to you via direct mail. If you do not want Life Quotes to collect information about you, please contact Life Quotes to opt out.
To whom do we disclose information?
We may share your NPI when you ask or authorize us to do so. We also use public Internet networks to e-mail NPI information to you, the insurance company and authorized outside investigative service agencies such as paramedic examiners companies as needed. Also, the law allows certain disclosures without your authorization. We may share some or all of your NPI with affiliates or non affiliates, as permitted or required by law. Examples of who we may share NPI with:
- Non affiliates under contract with us, such as paramedic examination, medical records facilities, and customer service vendors and other insurance agencies; affiliates that help us provide services or audit our operations.
- A consumer reporting agency to detect or prevent fraud.
- A regulatory, legal or government authority, for a compliance audit, information request or under a subpoena or court order.
- Affiliates or non affiliates that market our products. The parties we may share NPI with include life and health insurers, insurance agents, and marketing firms. The law does not allow you to opt out of these disclosures. We may share your name, address, product purchased, and policy number for these purposes.
What are your rights?
- You have the right to know what NPI we have collected about you; this does not apply to NPI that relates to an actual or possible claim or civil or criminal action. You may ask us in writing to correct any NPI you believe is not correct.
- You may ask us in writing for a list of those to whom we have disclosed your medical records within the past two years.
- If we wish to disclose your NPI for reasons not normally allowed by law, we will ask for your written authorization. If you give it to us, you may revoke it at any time. Revocation is subject to the rights of anyone who acted in reliance of your authorization before it was revoked.
How do you contact us?
You may write to us at the following address: Attn: CEO, Life Quotes, Inc.SM, 8205 South Cass Avenue, Suite 102, Darien, IL 60561